Go Digital For The Clearest Vision
Want a larger “sweet spot” to your vision? Digital lenses offer the best vision across the entire lens surface. They offer the best optics, are glare free, and more scratch resistant than traditional lenses. They are available in both single vision and progressive styles.
Digital lenses are the latest design improvement for progressive eyeglasses. With computer aided design, free form digital lenses combine information from your subjective refraction (the one or two part of your eye exam), your selected frame, and fitting geometry (the distance the frame sits from your eye as well as the angle it sits at). An ideal progressive lens is then computer determined until a final prescription is produced that can most closely match an ideal lens. With older progressive lens designs the bifocal power is molded onto the front surface and then the back surface is ground to meet your distance prescription.
Older Progressive Lens Limitations:
- Limited to two facial measurements-the bifocal height and pupillary distance.
- Prescription is applied only to the optical center creating a small “sweet spot” of vision.
- Lower rate of adaption.
Free Form Digital Progressive:
- Designed in “real time” and customized to an ideal prescription.
- Prescription customized for selected frame.
- Customized for individual frame fitting geometry.
- Fits nearly any selected frame, even small styles.
- Back-side progressive optics.
Sounds good, but what does it mean?
Advantages of free form digital lenses:
- Wider field of vision (up to 50%).
- Reduced distortion-larger “sweet” spot of vision.
- Less image magnification leading to less dizziness (25%reduction).
- Fastest and Easiest adaption to progressive lenses.
Learn more about free form digital lenses and schedule an appointment today. Gray Family Vision has two greater Portland Maine locationsto serve you in Gray and Windham. Since 1989, we have been serving the entire Lakes Region Area including Auburn, Casco, Bridgeton, Cumberland, Falmouth, Freeport, Fryeburg, Lewiston, Naples, New Gloucester, North Conway, North Yarmouth, Raymond, Sanford, and Yarmouth.